It’s scary where time goes – I can’t believe that we even had Christmas, it came and went so fast!
I’m sure I’m not alone when what feels like last week was actually last month. Running a business makes my time go even faster, so it’s even more important to be organised.
Websites are one of the hardest things to keep on top of. We all have them, but how often do we actually update them?
Blogs are a great way of keeping sites fresh, with really rich and engaging content, but many people just don’t have the time to write new posts. There’s nothing worse than visiting someone’s blog page, only for it to come up with ‘last update 2010’.
Here are some of the reasons why blogging should be a key part of your marketing strategy:
- In the past, search engines like Google put an emphasis on keywords (the words that you use to market your business), but now they use advanced formulas that determine how frequently you update your website, as well as the quality of your content.
- Where you rank in search results matters. One of the most effective ways to increase your ranking is to add unique, high quality content on a regular basis by blogging.
- The number of business websites out there that are ‘static’ – without new, regularly added content – is staggering. Without a steady supply of new and valuable content, continued interest in your site and the perception of your company’s value will wane.
- Google robots index your site every so often and if, over time, they don’t see anything new, then guess what? Your page-rank tanks. So when a potential customer searches for your product or service, your site might be listed way down the list of results. Around 60% of all clicks go to the top three search results – 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- No matter what your business website’s main objective is – information, eCommerce, lead-generation – blogging will increase your traffic.
- Blogging humanises companies and gives them a personality. No one wants to be seen as the forgettable, dull, out-of-touch business.
- Blogging is more interactive than newsletters or email blasts. If your posts are interesting and informative, or even a little controversial, your readers will be much more likely to engage, post replies and share socially. You’ll gain a much better understanding of your customers.
- Good blogging is highly social. Encourage readers to share and repost links back to your blog on social network channels. This increases the reach of your brand and your message.
- Companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages. That means more leads.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links, resulting in huge rises in page ranking.
- Blogging costs significantly less than traditional marketing activities such as direct mail, telemarketing and trade-shows.
Well, if that isn’t enough to inspire you to blog, I don’t know what is! But it still doesn’t give you any more time in your day, and that’s where we come in.
We have put together a very reasonable blogging package. One of our talented and experienced writers can produce a blog article, tailored specifically to your needs, for just £40. No monthly contracts or annual fees – just £40 per 400-word blog article (we can of course make them longer if required).
As we like to make sure there are no secret fees, the only extra cost will be an initial one-off £20 consultation fee. This will involve one of our writers contacting you for a chat to establish exactly what you want to achieve, and to discuss ideas for articles.
If you decide one article is enough, that’s fine, but if you decide you’d like one quarterly, monthly, fortnightly or weekly, that’s great! We can help you with any request.
We can also offer an additional service (costing just £10 per article), where we provide you with five suggestions for promoting your blog article on the social media platforms of your choice – for example, 1 x Facebook page update, 1 x LinkedIn profile update, 3 x Tweets.
Come on, let’s get those websites freshened up – we have a talented team who are raring to go. To find out more about us visit www.get-organized.biz.
If you are interested in having a blog written please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, telephone number and a brief description about what you do, and who you wish to reach. We are happy to help, and will call you back at a convenient time for you to discuss ideas.